Nov 2, 2011

Lars-Petter pens one-year deal

Team Sky is pleased to announce that Lars-Petter Nordhaug has signed a new one-year contract.



The 27-year-old Norwegian, who joined Team Sky from Joker Bianchi at the end of the 2009 campaign, has enjoyed another solid season in 2011.

As well as competing in his second Grand Tour at the Giro d'Italia, Nordhaug earned three top-10 placings in the Vuelta a Murcia, Critérium International and Coppa Sabatini, and helped Davide Appollonio and Alex Dowsett to stage victories at the Tour du Poitou-Charentes.

Speaking about his contract, Nordhaug said: "I am very happy at Team Sky and am pleased to have signed this new deal. Over the last season I have been given the chance to ride a lot of higher-profile races like the Ardennes Classics and the Giro, and I’ve learnt a lot as a result. I feel a much stronger rider now than I did 12 months ago and hopefully I will be able to keep getting better next season.

"I'm going to continue working hard for the team whilst at the same time trying to make the most of any other chances that come my way. I’ve had some good results this season but it would be nice to get a win for the team.

"I'm delighted that Kurt-Asle Arvesen is staying on in a senior capacity as well because he has been a mentor to me throughout my career and I’ll continue to work closely with him in 2012."


Brailsford buoyed

Team Principal Dave Brailsford has long been an admirer of Nordhaug's capabilities and is happy to have retained his services for next season.

He said: "Lars-Petter is a talented and versatile rider and we have been very impressed with his ability and attitude. He is a strong climber who is also capable of taking some long turns on the front and getting himself in moves whenever he is called upon.

"He is a rider entering the prime of his career and we will be working hard with him over the next 12 months to help him achieve his full potential. We’re all delighted that Lars-Petter has seen Team Sky as the best place to continue his career."

1 comment: